1. Competitive Examination Guidance Centre
Aims & Objectives :
- To develop / enhance the students’ competence to participate in the various competitive examinations.
- To inform the students about the competitive examinations, displaying various circulars on the notice board.
- To organize workshops, guest lectures, group discussions etc. about the competitive examinations, for the students.
At the initial stage of every academic year, the department enrolls the desired students, displaying proper notice to the students. Proper coaching / guidance is provided to the students, engaging classes by the various subject experts in the college regularly. The department organizes various activities like organizing workshops, group discussion, guest lecture etc. for the enhancement of the awareness of the students about the competitive examinations and for the fulfillments of the aims and objectives of the department. As well, the renowned companies’ campus interview drives are organized for placements of the last year students.
2. Bridge Course in Statistics :
- To familiarize the students with the basic concepts in statistics.
- To develop an understanding of statistical concepts and principles of the students.
- To provide the skills and knowledge necessary to enable the students to perform statistical processes (work) competently.
- To provide the necessary background for further studies in reliability, Time Series, Testing of Hypothesis, Chebycheve’s Inequality, Regression, Multiple and Partial Correlation, and F-distribution.
- To provide proper drilling of the Statistical concepts learnt by the students in the first two years of graduation.
Brief Summary :
For Students of B.Sc. III (Statistics) Class a “Bridge Course in Statistics” was conducted on different topics in Statistics. In this course lectures on Regression, Multiple and Partial Correlation, F- distribution, Testing of Hypothesis, Time series, Chebychev’s Inequality, Reliability Theory etc. were arranged. B.Sc.III students are participated. Study material also provided to the participants. Dr. Kiran Potdar, Mr. J. K. Patil, Miss P. B. Tibile, Miss V. K. Patil, Miss V.B. Malekar have prepared study material of this course.
3. Remedial / Bridge Course :
Aims & Objective :
- To help students to overcome their learning difficulties in English.
- To strengthen students’ subject competence.
- to provide remedial feedback to the students with regard to sentence construction in English.
- To bridge the gap between the expected linguistic competence of students with regard to the sentence construction in English.
At the initial stage of every academic year, the department enrolls the desired students for the remedial help, displaying notice to the students. The activities like Remedial Teaching, Teaching-Learning with the study material and Achievement tests are organized by the department to strengthen the students’ linguistic competence in English. Academic Counseling is carried out throughout the year as per the need.
4. Yoga and Meditation :
Aims & Objective:
- To develop self discipline and self control among the students.
- To increase immense amount of awareness, concentration, and consciousness among the students.
- To enable the students to have good health throughout their life.
Summary of Activities:
In this regard, the department of NCC celebrates the ‘ The International Yoga Day’ in the college under the guidance of the experts and trainers. The students, teachers, college institution members etc participate in the celebration of Yoga Day in the college. Consequently, the concerned students / people are advised to continue the same in their personal life, too.
5. Students Adoption & Counseling Cell(Personal Counseling) :
Aims and Objectives:-
- To address the individual and academic problems of the students.
- To suggest the remedies to overcome the problem of the students.
- To contact concerned authorities for solving the transport problems of the students.
Summary of the activities:-
Mentor-mentee scheme was another initiative taken by the Institution. Every faculty is assigned about forty students in every academic year. The academic, Health , transport - related and personal problems of the students were shared with the mentors and suggested remedies to students to overcome those problems. The scheme is continued from the Academic Year 2016-2017.
6. “Career Counselling, Employment Guidance and Competitive Examination Department”
Enable the students with relevant applied and functional knowledge guiding them towards a bright future and career all around the world with the values of hard work, sincerity and ethical values.
Placement Cell is to guide students to choose right career and to give skill, knowledge and to come across the manpower requirements of the society.
- To help students to develop their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counselling and group discussions.
- Maintaining and updating the database of students for campus recruitments.
- Gathering information about job opportunities and all relevant advertisements.
- Correspondence with various companies and discuss about their requirements and need.
- Organizing pre-placement training lectures/workshops/seminars for students.
- To provide all necessary resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process.
- To act as a link between students, and the employment community.
- To assist students in obtaining placement in reputed companies, societies and industries.
- Guiding the students for competitive examination preparation.
- Arranging campus drives according to need.
- Conducting competitive tests for students.
- Communicating students with Alumni for job opportunities.
- Communicating with company for campus interviews.
- Displaying articles on institutional notice boards regarding Competitive & Industrial Career Opportunities.
- Inform students about the available job opportunities in private and government sectors and off campus drives.
- Arranging Motivational Talks about career guidance.
- Guiding students for Personality Development.
- Guiding students for effective Communication Skills & Vocabulary.
- Guidance regarding Resume Preparation & Email Writing.
- Guidance about Interview Skills.