Code of Conduct for Students :
The Student Code of Conduct applies to all students enrolled in any course or program atAjara Mahavidyalaya, Ajarathe Code applies to all in the campus for academic and socialactivities which are sponsored or supervised by the College. Prohibited conduct may subject astudent to disciplinary action. The rules and regulations are communicated to the studentsthrough the in publications in the form of College prospectus and posted notices.Violations of academic policies defined under this Code will be addressed by the Principal. Thestudent may be removed or suspended immediately from the College by the Principal in his orher sole discretion; this suspension will not be challengeable.
The Code is persistent with the mission and vision of the College. The purpose of the Code is to:
- Institutionalize the standards of educational and personal conduct for all the students.
- Ensure the students for safety and security.
- Inculcate human values, ethical sensitivity and social responsiveness among the students.
- Formulate the requisite behavior and relationship of students with the College staff.
Rules and Regulations :
Following are the rules and regulations of the College for the Students:
Admission: Admission will be given strictly on merit basis.
Dress code: No student will remain present without college uniform and Identity Card in thecampus. It is required to produce Identity Card any time whenever demanded.
Attendance: Students will remain present in the classroom as 75% attendance is compulsory.In case of attendance less than 75%, parents will be conveyed and preventive measures will betaken. No student of one class shall enter any other class under any pretext.
Sex/gender based misconduct: Abuse or harassment, physical, verbal by any other means byany student in the College premises is strictly prohibited. This includes, abuse or harassment onthe basis upon such factors as sex, gender, cast, religion, race, ethnicity, color, national origin,handicap, age, sexual orientation, and political or religious beliefs.
Disciplinary Code :
- The unlawful possession, use or distribution of alcohol in the College premises is prohibited, Smoking is strictlyprohibited inside the campus.
- Student should not pinch anywhere in the campus.
- Students are forbidden from sticking bills, writing, drawing, and painting on the boards,walls, desks or anywhere in the campus.
- Students found guilty of using foul language or behaving rudely towards the staff members,or administrative or non-teaching staff will be expelled from the college.
- Use of cell phones inside the class rooms is not permitted.
- Attempted or actual theft of property of the College, or belongings of a Staff member of theCollege will not tolerated.
- The students are responsible to keep the campus clean and neat.
- The Students should stick on to the rules and regulations that may be issued from time to time.
- Absolute silence should be maintained during teaching hours in the classroom also whilemoving from class room to laboratory/ library/ auditorium and anywhere in the campus. Nostudent should leave the class room during lecture without the permission of the lecturer.
- Students are advised to read notices regularly put on the notice board and not to ignore theinstructions; also they should convey the notification to their parents/guardians.
- Any malpractice in examination is prohibited under University Act and norms laiddown by the College from time to time..
- Students are not permitted topossess or use fireworks, dangerous devices, chemicals, in the College premises.
Misuse of Resources :
In case of damage or destroying of the College property, the concerned student shall replace thesame at his/her own cost.
Misconduct of IT Resources :
Theft of IT resources, hacking College website or official password without permission is treatedas cyber crime under Cyber Crime Laws and such students will be handed over to the concerned regulatoryauthorities.
According to the Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1999, UGC notification, direction ofSupreme Court of India and the recommendation of Raghavan Committee, measures are taken toprevent ragging. Ragging is strictly prohibited inside the college campus. Students involved inragging will be dismissed from the college. As per UGC Regulations, college has formed AntiraggingCommittee.
The Principal of college will resolve any query and question regarding the Code of Conduct. Thefinal rights of matter related to the Code of Conduct and disputes there in lies with the Principal.
The following disciplinary actions may be imposed independently or jointly. The Collegereserves the right to impose other sanctions or disciplinary actions not listed in this handbook.
The issues of disputes related to the students themselves or with teaching/non-teachingstaff are resolved amicably through Consensus.
Disciplinary Notice or Warning: students will be issued a written notice about violationof the Code that may result in more serious action against the student.
The case of failure of student to pay the penalties towards damage/recovery in any formafter lapse of notice period, penalties will be recovered from students/parents before the issue of TC.
Fine will be imposed for not attending College continuously or having attendance lessthan 75%.
Admission of a student will be cancelled if he is found guilty of misconduct of serious nature.
An appeal by a student for reconsideration of cancellation of admission / penalty will be handled by the principal.
Code of Conduct for Teachers :
The Code of conduct for faculty normally addresses the matters related to the conduct of teachers such
as recruitment, teaching, learning, evaluation, relationship with the students, associated staff,parents, management, duties and responsibilities, moral & professional ethics, human values,external services, moral turpitude, devotion, dedication, and integrity of the teacher towards theCollege.
Duties of the Teachers :
- The Teacher shall devote his/her time and energy to develop and improve his/her academic andprofessional competence by availing all opportunities to attend and participate in academicprogrammes, such as Seminars, Orientation, Refresher Courses, In-service programme, etc.TheManagement shall give the teacher every possible opportunity to do so.
- The Teacher shall perform his academic duties such as preparation of lectures, demonstrations,assessment, and guidance to research, tutorials, University, College and recognized Institutionexaminations will encourage pursuit of learning in the students.
- The teacher shall engage the classes regularly and punctually and impart such lessons andinstructions as the Principal shall allot to him/her, from time to time and shall not ordinarilyremain absent from work without prior permission or grant of leave.
- The teacher shall observe the provisions of the University Act, Statutes, Ordinances, Regulationsand Rules in force and as modified, from time time and abide by the decisions of theManagement, Principal and shall ensure the interest of the College, such decision, however, shallnot be inconsistent with the provisions of the Act, Statutes, Ordinances, Regulation, etc. If it isfound by the Management that damage or loss has been caused to the College by an act ornegligence or default on the part of the teacher, such damage or loss shall be recoverable fromhim/her.
- In addition to the duties of teaching and allied activities the teacher shall when required, attend toextra-curricular, co-curricular activities organized by the College and administrative andsupervisory work and maintenance of records and self-reports or any other duties befitting thestatus of a teacher assigned to him/her by the Principal.
- A teacher shall help the College authorities to enforce and maintain discipline and good habitsamong the students.
Code of Conduct :
- The teacher shall perform all his/her duties faithfully and will not avoid responsibility.However, following lapses would constitute improper conduct on the part of the teacher:
- Failure to perform his/her academic duties such as lecturing, demonstration, assessment,invigilation etc.
- Gross partiality in assessment of students, deliberately over/under marking or attempt ofvictimization on any grounds.
- Inciting or instigating students against other students, colleagues, administration. (This doesnot interfere with his right to express his differences on principles in seminars or other placeswhere students are present.)
- Raising questions of castes, creed or religion race or sex in his relationships with thestudents and his colleagues and trying to use the above considerations for improvement of hisprospects.
- Refusal to carry out the decisions of appropriate authorities, officers, administrative andacademic bodies of the College, this will not inhibit his right to express his difference withtheir policies or decisions, express his difference with their policies or decisions, expression,provided that he will not use the facilities or forum of the College to propagate his own ideasor beliefs for or against particular political party or alignment of political or religiousactivities.
- Accepting tuitions, conducting/participating in private coaching directly or indirectly or anyclasses or courses in any manner.
- Violation of the Anti-bigamy Act and Anti-dowry Act in any manner directly or indirectly.
- Involution of the Anti-academic activities directly or indirectly such asi
- Writing of questions- answers guide, key, likely questions, cyclostyled or Xerox notes,etc.
- Undertaking of any office of profit, agency.
- The teacher shall not avoid any work related to the University/Collegeexaminations without reasonable grounds.
The teacher shall not avoid any work related to the University/Collegeexaminations without reasonable grounds.
The behavior of the teacher with male and female students and other employees shall bemodest.
- The Teacher shall
- strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any area inwhich he may happen to be for the time being;
- not consume any intoxicating drink or be under the influence of any intoxicating drinkor drug, during the course of his duty; and shall also take due care that the performance ofhis duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of any such drink ordrug;
- refrain from consuming any intoxicating drink or drug in a public place;
- not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication:
- Not use any intoxicating drink or drug in excess so that he is unable to control hisbehavior.
- In addition to the duties of the teacher as mentioned above, the Librarian shall perform the following duties:
- The Librarian shall Provide a wide range of services to the user, by making available in aconvenient and attractive form to students and faculty members, a well-organized and properly arranged stock of books, journals and other relevant materials which are to be kept properly indexed catalogued and up-dated.
- The Librarian shall provide reading and lending facilities and service relating to reference,documentation and bibliography.
- The Librarian shall always try to bring books, students and scholars together under conditions which encourage reading for pleasure, self-discovery, personal growth andsharpening of intellectual curiosity.
Code of Professional Ethics :
- Teachers and their rights:
The Teachers shall enjoy full civic and political rights as provided by the Constitution. Theteachers shall have a right to adequate emoluments, social position, just conditions of service,professional independence and adequate social insurance.
- The Code of Professional Ethics :
- The teachers and their responsibilities :
Any person who takes teaching as profession assumes the obligation to conduct himself inaccordance with the ideals of the profession. The teacher is constantly under the scrutiny of hisstudents and the society at large. Therefore, every teacher shall see that there is noincompatibility between his precepts and practice, the national ideals of education which havealready been set forth and which he should seek to inculcate among students must be his ownideals. The profession further requires that the teachers shall be calm, patient and communicativeby temperament and amiable in disposition. Teacher shall –
- adhere to a responsible pattern of conduct and demeanor expected of him by thecommunity.
- manage his private affairs in a manner consistent with the dignity of the profession.
- seek to make professional growth continuous through study and research.
- express free and frank opinion by participation at professional meetings, seminars,conferences etc. towards the contribution of knowledge.
- maintain active membership of professional organizations and strive to improve educationand profession through them.
- co-operate and assist in carrying out functions relating to the educational responsibilities ofthe College such as : assisting in appraising applications for admission, advising andcounseling students as well as assisting in the conduct of University and college examination,including supervision, invigilation, and
- Participate in extension, co-curricular and extracurricular activities including communityservice.
Teachers and the students :
The teacher shall –
- Respect the right and dignity of the student in expressing his opinion.
- deal justly and impartially with students regardless of their religion, caste, political,economic, social and physical characteristics.
- deal justly and impartially with students regardless of their religion, caste, political, economic, social and physical characteristics.
- recognize the difference in aptitude and capabilities among students and strive to meettheir individual needs.
- encourage students to improve their attainments, develop their personalities and at thesame time contribute to community welfare.
- inculcate among students scientific outlook and respect for physical labor and ideals ofdemocracy, patriotism and peace.
- be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of themfor any reason.
- pay attention to only the attainment of the student in the assessment of merit.
- make him available to the students even beyond their class hours and help and guidestudents without and remuneration or reward, in college premises.
- aid students to develop an understanding of our national heritage and national goals, and
- refrain from inciting students against other students, colleagues or administration
Teachers and Colleagues :
The teachers shall :
treat other members of the profession in the same manner as they themselves with to betreated.
speak respectfully of other teachers and render assistance for professional betterment.
refrain from lodging unsubstantiated allegations against colleagues to higher authorities.
refrain from allowing considerations of caste, creed, religion, race or sex in theirprofessional end behavior
Teachers and authorities :
The teachers shall –
- discharge their professional responsibilities according to the existing rules and adhere toprocedure and methods consistent with their professional in initiating steps through theirown institutional bodies and /or professional organizations for change of any such ruledetrimental to the professional interest.
- not undertake any other employment and commitment including private tuitions andcoaching classes;
- co-operate in the formulation of policies of the institutions by accepting various officesand discharge responsibilities which such offices may demand:
- co-operate with the authorities for the betterment of the institutions keeping in view theirinterest and in conformity with dignity of the profession;
- should adhere to the conditions of contract;
- give and expect due notice before a change of position is made; and
- refrain from availing themselves of leave except on unavoidable grounds and as far aspracticable with prior intimation, keeping in view their particular responsibility forcompletion of academic schedule.
Teacher and non-teaching employees:
the teachers should treat the non-teaching employees as colleagues and equal partners in aco-operative undertaking, within every educational institution.
the teachers should help in the function of joint staff council covering both teachers andthe non-teaching employees.
Teachers and guardians :
The teachers shall try to see through teachers bodies and organizations that institutions maintaincontact with the guardians of their students, send report of their performance to the guardianswhenever necessary and meet the guardians in meetings convened for the purpose for mutualexchange of ideas and for the benefit of the institution.
Teachers and Society :
The teachers shall –
- recognize that education is a public service and strive to keep the public informed of theeducational programmes which are being provided.
- work to improve education in the community and strengthen the communitys moral and intellectual life.
- be aware of social problems and take part in such activities as would be conducive tothe progress of society and hence the country as a whole.
- perform the duties of citizenship, participate in community activities and shoulderresponsibilities of public office.
- refrain from taking part in or subscribing to or assisting in any way, activities whichtend to promote feeling of hatred or enemy among different communities, relations orlinguistic groups but actively work for national integration.
Code of Conduct for Principal :
Principal as the Head of institute is solely responsible for addressing, attending and resolving allissues concerned with the stakeholders of education. This Code of Conduct provides an explicitdefinition of the standards of professional conduct expected from the Principal as a Head ofCollege.
Responsibility of the Principal :
- Subject to the supervision and general control of the Management, the Principals as the principalexecutive and Academic Head of the College, shall be responsible for –
- Academic growth of the college.
- Participation in the teaching, research and training programmes of the college.
- Assisting in planning and implementation of academic programmes such as refresher/orientationcourse, seminars, in-service and other training programmes organized by the University/Collegefor academic competence of the Faculty Member.
- Admission of students and maintenance of disciplines of the college.
- Receipts, expenditure and maintenance of true and correct accounts.
- The overall administration of the college and recognized Institution and their libraries andHostels, if any.
- Correspondence relating to the administration of the college.
- Administration and supervision of curricular, co-curricular/extracurricular or extra-mural,students welfare activates of the college and Recognized Institution and maintenance of records.
- Observance of the Act, Statutes, Ordinance, Regulations, Rules and other Orders issued thereunder by the University authorities and bodies, from time to time.
- Supervision of the examination, setting of question papers, moderation and assessment ofanswer papers and such other work pertaining to the examinations of college/recognizedInstitution.
- Overall supervision of the University Examinations.
- Observance or provisions of Accounts Code.
- Maintenance of Self-Assessment Reports of teachers and their service Books.
- Any other work relating to the college or recognized Institution relating to the administration ofthe College as may be assigned to him by the Management, from time to time
Code of Conduct for the Governing Body :
The college shall be managed by a regularly constituted Governing Body. The composition,functions and other conditions pertaining to the Governing Body shall be as prescribed in theDirective Principals made and accepted by the Management.
Code of Conduct :
- Decisions and resolutions made by the Governing Body, Executive Body and all the SansthaUnits are obligatory.
- The members of Governing Body shall maintain their character, transparency, mannerism,good image and non-addiction.
- No property of Sanstha will be used for personal benefits.
- Personal or Private Service by the Sansthaemployeeis not allowed withoutthe permission ofthe Executive Body.
- For official workwithin particular period, the members of the Governing Body can obtainservice from the Sanstha employee.
- Any member of Governing Body will not express non-satisfaction with any decision made bythe Executive Body; it will be discussed or expressed in the meeting only. One must respectmajority.
- If any member of the Governing Body needs any primary information from College, he/shewill commcommunication withthe employee.
- If any misbehavior and action by the employee defames the Institute, it will becommunicated to the Secretary orally or in writing.
- Chewing tobacco or betel leaf,smoking etc. is prohibited.
- As per the decision of Executive Body, while enjoying facilities provided by the library,all rules will be followed strictly.
- If any advance amount is sanctioned for any duty allotted by the Management, it ismandatory to submit expenditure statement timly.
- No member of the Governing Body will interfere directly or indirectly in day to dayadministration.
- With few respected exceptions, no member of theGoverning Body will sit on the chair ofthe Head of the Unit.They will stick to the office of the Management onlyand will not hangout unnecessarily in the premises which couldaffectthe routine of the College.
- All shall mind that no person is greater than Institute; therefore keep egos and discontentsapart. Welcome the democratic decisions.
- The Governing Body will receive any notice in writing only from the Principal; in thesame way the Governing Body will issue order inwriting;avoidany oral order.
- Respect others opinion and give them a chance to express. If necessary permit to registercontradictory opinion.
- Member of the Governing Body will take care that His/Herdynamicpersonality will not affectthe decision making process.unicate to the Principal and will not have any oral or written